One Bowl Chocolate Brownies

Saturday 20 June 2009

Sometimes only chocolate will do and you can't get much better than a freshly baked brownie. I've never been very good at making brownies. I love to eat them and I've always been a bit too scared to try baking them as I've had a couple of bad attempts. While I was looking through Basically Baked I came across this recipe and just had to try it out. It uses one bowl and makes a small batch (8" square pan) which is perfect if you're not confident with how they'll turn out!


As you can see from the photograph these brownies are quite dark. They don't use melted chocolate but instead get their very rich flavour from cocoa (use good quality) and a little espresso powder. They have a wonderful deep chocolate flavour but aren't overly sweet. I think I slightly underbaked mine (maybe by a couple of minutes) but they were absolutely delicious anyway.

The recipe is originally from here at Epicurious but I followed Sue's directions (leaving out the nuts) so I'll link you to her blog too. These are so easy to make and the recipe is very easy to follow.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  21 June 2009 at 16:33  

I'm glad you tried these and liked them! Have a great day!
Sue

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP