Cupcake decoration

Friday 24 April 2009

Oh where have I been hiding? Life's been having some dramas recently with various things that needed my attention. I apologise dear readers and am back with some things to show for my time away.

It was my birthday on Tuesday and I decided I needed some really good cakes. Al and I created these shark attack cakes based on those in the Hello Cupcake book that has been doing the rounds for a while now. We had to make some substitutions and cut back on the things we chose but we were really happy with how they turned out and they all got snaffled on our night out.



They weren't perfect but they were good enough and tasted delicious.

I've literally just finished another set of cupcakes that we're taking over to my brother's. I wanted something a little less time consuming and a little more classy (I wont mention that they will be consumed mid beer festival in a pub) and I also wanted something chocolatey. I chose mocha cupcakes with a chocolate kahlua frosting. I halved the recipe for the cupcakes to make only 12 and replaced the sour cream with plain yoghurt. Yum. These are decorated using a large star tip (from my new piping set) and dark chocolate covered coffee beans with a sprinkling of icing sugar to finish. I'm very pleased with the result.

3 comments:

Glenna 29 April 2009 at 17:35  

Oh yum yum yum and cute too! Happy Birthday!

Linds 29 April 2009 at 19:35  

Thanks :) The cakes were all very delicious (obviously I didn't eat them *all* myself!) I'm definitely saving the recipes for the chocolate cupcakes and frosting, they were very good.

cupcake decorations 8 June 2011 at 05:29  

Cupcakes are really good treats especially if each is topped with really good sprinkles and cream.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP