Lemon Sugar Cookies.

Saturday 2 May 2009

I actually didn't get any pictures of these as they were kind of last minute. I was looking for a recipe for easter biscuits and this Lemon roll out Sugar Cookie recipe from Basically Baked struck me as kind-of perfect. I thought the lemon flavour would be perfect for Spring and they were sturdy enough to cut into shapes (I chose chicks).

They were actually very good. They were crisp and crumbly and the lemon was just prominent enough to enhance the flavour of the basic dough. I would definitely make these again (and take pictures next time!).

I teamed these with tradition easter nests made from Rice Krispies and dark chocolate and decortated with Cadbury Mini Eggs. I also bought a few Lindt chocolate bunnies and Cadbury Cream Eggs to create small easter gifts for my family. They all went down really well.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  2 May 2009 at 15:03  

Hello!
I'm so glad you made these and enjoyed them! Your Easter baskets sound like they were really cute!
Sue

Linds 4 May 2009 at 09:14  

Hiya!

They were a token gift more than anything but they seemed to be appreciated. I did really like the recipe and had forgotten about it completely until I was reading through your blog again!

Thanks,

Linds

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP