Roasted tomato and pepper soup

Friday 13 March 2009

It's soup again. I know, I'm getting slightly boring but I needed to try something new with soup. I usually stick to root veg and decided that as the weather is marginally warmer (I went out with no coat on today) a nice red soup with a bit of cayenne heat would cheer me up. It did. I put the bowl down moments ago and felt I had to tell you about it.

This soup is so simple and basically I made it up as I went along. I'm quite good at doing that!

Ingedients:
12 tomatoes
2 bell peppers (I used one orange and one red as that's what I had in the house)
3-5 cloves of garlic (depends how big they are)
Dried mixed herbs
Cayenne pepper
1tsp sweetner
1 pint vegetable stock
Worcester Sauce

Method:
Deseed and quarter the peppers and halve the tomatoes, and place in a baking dish with the garlic cloves (leave the skin on). Sprinkle the herbs, cayenne and sweetner over the top and pray with Frylite or pour a little olive oil over. Roast the veg in the oven at about 170C for around 45 minutes or until you think they're done.
Place the roasted veg into a saucepan and squeeze the soft roasted garlic out of its skin and into the pan. Pour over the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Using a stick blender, blend the soup (off the heat) and season to taste adding some worcester sauce to taste.
This soup is absolutely delicious. Serve with crusty bread or wholemeal krisprolls.

2 comments:

Chloe 17 March 2009 at 23:26  

This sounds amazing Linds. Think i may have a go at this one myself!

Linds 18 March 2009 at 11:56  

It is so delicious and very easy!

Be sure to blend it well as there can be seeds and fibrous bits in it (I didn't mind them but others might).

Let me know what you think!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP