Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

Saturday 2 May 2009

I made these last night to take out with me tonight. There are several birthdays around this time so as I'm a bit skint I decided to take some cupcakes for everyone instead of buying individual presents. I used the same basic recipe as I did for the mocha cupcakes but modified them by replacing the coffee with pureed fresh raspberries and halving the recipe to make only 12 cakes. Again I substituted the sour cream with plain yogurt.


For the frosting I modified the Kahlua chocolate frosting but replaced the Kahlua with more pureed raspberries. I tried to half the recipe (as I was left with a lot of leftovers last time) but it came out a little soft and wasn't quite enough to cover all 12 cakes. It has become a little stiffer overnight and the cakes still look great.

The hearts were made from pre-coloured red fondant cut with a cookie cutter.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  4 May 2009 at 20:49  

Your cupcakes are very pretty. I bet the chocolate and the raspberry made a nice combinaiton!
Sue

Linds 4 May 2009 at 20:55  

Thank you! They tasted good but didn't have a strong raspberry flavour. I might have to perfect that a little but they were very well received.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP