News: Healthy food from a greasy spoon?

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Everyone loves a greasy fry up or a burger from time to time. I'm also pretty sure that most people have been to a roadside burger van. Now, it might just be me but when I see a roadside food van I'm pretty sure that what they will sell is bacon rolls, burgers and fried egg buns all washed down with builder's tea. This is just what you need to refuel, especially if you are an over worked lorry driver or have been on the road for hours.

According to Guildford Council, this is just not acceptable anymore as they threaten to shut down Skip's Greasy Spoon because healthy food is not sold. There's no sign of a lettuce leaf or yogurt with a muesli topping so it's not good enough.

I'm sorry, this is a bit ridiculous. There's no call for healthy food from a greasy spoon! As mentioned in the article, why should they spend money on food that they will not sell? It's completely crazy.

2 comments:

Chris 13 November 2008 at 09:34  

I can't begin to imagine how anyone came to the conclusion that this guy should be selling salads etc. If people wanted them, I'm sure he'd already be doing it!

Anonymous,  14 November 2008 at 22:15  

Bacon and banger salad with extra plant sterols please, in an organic freetrade Cuban roll. Spread with a large dollop of 'I can't believe it's not yet compulsory'.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP