Quick Noodle Soup

Thursday 25 February 2010

There's something about a broth that makes you feel good. My mum and my gran always made chicken broth for the following day's lunch after we'd had a roast dinner. I have very fond memories of hearty homemade broths.

I really like noodle soups as a more filling version of a broth. The warm soup with the filling noodles is a winning combination for me. Combine those with crisp, barely cooked vegetables and some subtle spicing and you've got a very happy me.

This soup was made up on the spot and was delicious. It's a bit of a mish mash of flavours but they work really well together. I'll provide you with an ingredients list but the spices and seasonings are all to taste.

Ingredients
Egg free noodles (I used Clearspring Udon)
Vegetable Stock Cubes
Sweetcorn
Mange Tout
Sugar Snap Peas
Soy Sauce (I used reduced salt)
Chinese 5 Spice
Chilli Powder
Sweet Chilli Sauce

Method
Boil the noodle according to the instuctions and refresh in cold water.
Disolve the stock cube in enough water for your soup and bring to a gentle simmer.
Add the soy sauce, 5 spice, chilli powder and sweet chilli sauce to taste.
Add the vegetables and simmer until they are just tender. Taste for seasoning.
Place the noodles into a soup bowl and pour the broth on top with the vegetables.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP